Version updated on February 06, 2020
Welcome to www.sekoutcha.com.
Thank you for choosing the largest online marketplace for agricultural training in Africa. At Sekoutcha, we respect your privacy. This policy defines how the data of people browsing the site is collected and processed. People browsing the site are called "users".
This document completes the General Conditions of Use of sekoutcha.com
1. The following types of personal information may be collected, stored and used
We may collect different data from or about you depending on how you use the Services. Here are a few examples to help you understand what data we collect.
• Information about your computer, including your IP address, geographic location, browser type and version, and operating system;
• Information about your visits to and use of this website including the referring source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
• Information such as your e-mail address, which you provide to us when you register on the site;
• Information that you enter when you create a profile on our website such as your name, profile picture, gender, date of birth, dating status, interests and hobbies, education and professional background;
• Information such as your name and e-mail address, which you enter to subscribe to our e-mails and / or newsletters;
• Information that you enter when you use the services of our website;
• Information generated while using our site, including when, how often and under what circumstances you use it; Information relating to the purchases you make, the services you use or the transactions you carry out on our site, which includes your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and banking information; Information that you post on our website with the intention of posting it on the internet, and which includes your username, profile photos and the content of your posts; Information contained in all communications you send to us by email or on our website, including their content and metadata
Any other personal information that you provide to us.
Before you disclose personal information about another person to us, you must obtain that person's consent to the disclosure and handling of that personal information under the terms of this policy.
1.1 The data you provide us
When you create an account and use the Services, including through a third-party platform, we collect any data you provide to us directly, including:
The data listed above is stored with us and associated with your account.
The data listed above is collected through server log files and tracking technologies, as detailed in the section below entitled “Cookies and Data Collection Tools”. They are stored with us and associated with your account.
2. How we get data about you
We use tools such as cookies, web beacons and similar tracking technologies to collect the data listed above. For some of these tools, you have the option to opt out of data collection.
2.1 Cookies and Data Collection Tools
3. What use we make of your data
Personal information provided to us through our website will be used for the purposes described in this policy or in the relevant pages of the site. We may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and our business;
- Personalize our website for you;
- Allow your use of the services offered on our website;
- Send you the goods purchased on our site;
- Provide you with the services purchased on our site;
- Send you statements, invoices and payment reminders, and collect your payments;
- Send you commercial communications not relating to marketing;
- Send you e-mail notifications that you have expressly requested;
- Send you our newsletter by email, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time of your wish to no longer receive our newsletter);
- Send you marketing communications relating to our company or to carefully selected third-party companies that we believe may be of interest to you, in the form of a publication, or if you have expressly given your consent, by e-mail or similar technology (you can us inform at any time of your wish to no longer receive marketing communications);
- Provide statistical information about our users to third parties (without these third parties being able to identify an individual user with this information);
- Process requests and complaints relating to your website made by or concerning you;
- Maintain the security of our website and prevent fraud;
- Check compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website's private messaging service); and Other uses.
If you submit personal information to our website for the purpose of publishing it, we will publish it and may use that information in accordance with the permissions you grant us.
Your privacy settings may be used to limit the posting of your information on our website and may be adjusted in your privacy settings on the website.
Without your express consent, we will not provide your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing, or that of other third parties.
4. With whom we share your data
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or contractors to the extent that is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all of its subsidiaries) to the extent that is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
• To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
• In connection with any ongoing or future legal proceedings;
• To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
• To the purchaser (or potential purchaser) of any business or asset in our possession that we wish (or are considering) to sell; and
• To any person whom we reasonably believe to be an integral part of a court or other authority having jurisdiction over the disclosure of such personal information if, in our opinion, such court or such authority would be likely to request the disclosure of such personal information.
Unless otherwise provided in this policy, we will not pass your personal information to third parties.
We may also share your data as needed for security or law enforcement purposes, or as part of a business restructuring. Finally, we may share your data in other ways if this data is aggregated or anonymized or if we obtain your consent.
Sekoutcha applies appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized third parties from accessing, modifying, disclosing or destroying personal data that we collect and store about you. These measurements depend on the type and sensitivity of said data. Unfortunately, no system can be 100% secure and therefore we cannot guarantee that no third party will have unauthorized access to communications between you and Sekoutcha, the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with it. with the data we collect through the Services.
You are responsible for the confidentiality of the password you use to access our website; we will not ask you for your password (except when you identify yourself on our website). Do not share your password with any third party. If you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change your password immediately and contact our support team to let us know about your concerns.
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store any personal information you provide to us on secure servers (password and firewall protected).
All electronic financial transactions made through our website will be protected by encryption technologies.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and that we cannot guarantee the security of your data sent over the internet.
6. Your rights
You have certain rights regarding the use of your data. In particular, you can unsubscribe from promotional emails, disable cookies and refuse that certain third parties collect data about you. You can update or close your account through our Services, and you can additionally contact us with any individual rights request relating to your personal data. Parents who believe that we have unintentionally collected personal data from their minor child should contact us so that we can delete this information.
6.1. Your choices regarding the use of your data
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but be aware that then you may not be able to use certain features of the Services.
If you no longer wish to receive promotional communications from us, you can unsubscribe using the unsubscribe mechanism indicated in the communication in question or by changing the settings tab in your account. Note that regardless of your notification settings, we will send you operational and relationship messages related to the Services, including administrative confirmations, order confirmations, important updates on the Services, and notifications about our policies.
7. Rules of jurisdiction
If you are resident in Cameroon, you have certain rights relating to access and deletion of your data and have the right to know with whom we are sharing your data. If you reside in Australia, you have the right to lodge a formal complaint with the relevant government agency. We remind users who reside outside Cameroon that we transfer data to the United States and Cameroon.
7.1 Users residing in Cameroon
Users residing in Cameroon have certain rights under Law No. 2010/012 governing electronic communications in Cameroon.
• “Right to Know” - You have the right to ask to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you and to access a copy of your personal information.
• “Right to Deletion” - You have the right to request deletion of the personal information we have collected about you.
• “Right to non-discrimination” - If you choose to exercise your rights under Law No. 2010/012 governing electronic communications, Sekoutcha will continue to treat you like any other user. In other words, you will not be penalized if you exercise your rights under Law No. 2010/012 governing electronic communications.
• “Right to refuse” - You have the right to object to the sale of your personal information.
As a Cameroonian resident, you have the right to request certain details relating to the personal data concerning you that we share with third parties for the purposes of direct marketing of these third parties. To send a request, write to email@example.com indicating the name of the law concerned, “Law No. 2010/012 governing electronic communications”, as well as your postal address, your state of residence and your e-mail address.
As there is no commonly accepted standard for the browser-initiated Do Not Track signal, we currently do not recognize and respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals.
7.2 Users residing outside Cameroon
We need to transfer your data to Cameroon and process it there in order to be able to provide the Services to you. By viewing or using our Services, you authorize us to store your data on servers located in the United States. If you use the Services outside of the United States, you authorize us to transfer, store and process your data in Cameroon and the United States or to and in other countries. Personal data may also be processed outside Cameroon by our partner companies or by our service providers, including to carry out transactions, facilitate payments and provide support services as described in Section 4. We may conclude with our service providers data processing agreements that limit and regulate how they handle your data on our behalf. By providing your data or using our Services, you consent to this transfer, storage and processing by Sekoutcha and by the data controllers it has appointed.
8. Updates and contact
From time to time we may update this policy by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging service on our website.
12. How to contact us
The best way to contact us is through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our products and services, please do not hesitate to leave us a message.
S.A.T: See you At the Top!